As a key part of the true Client Services team, you will take a lead role in exceeding our clients’ expectations, and building strong, lasting and mutually advantageous relationships.
The Account Director leads a client account, or group of accounts, within the agency, ensuring that we are offering our clients the very best advice and delivering stand-out creative digital solutions that drive real business value. You will work closely with the client and the rest of the agency to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and value whilst also maintaining profitable growth of the account. The Account Director is ultimately the representative of the client within the agency. They will know the client brand and business inside and out and will always make an accurate assessment of how well the agency’s output is meeting the client’s brief.
The Account Director is a champion of the agency’s output – this is achieved through effective management of internal teams, and their ability to lead and inspire others inside and outside of the agency. They will regularly be involved with pitches for new business, approaching these with both a creative and commercial mindset.
Strong client - agency partnerships are built on trust, collaboration, respect and a deep understanding of what our clients need. The primary responsibilities of the Account Director role are as follows:
- Leading client accounts within the agency, with overall responsibility for the client – agency relationship and ensuring excellent levels of client satisfaction
- Developing a deep understanding of the client business so that you can identify opportunities to help deliver on the client’s plans and objectives – often helping to solve problems and shape the brief with the client
- Working with Planners/Strategists to interrogate client briefs, to develop communications briefs that meet business needs in an effective and accountable way. Where relevant this is also done in collaboration with Media Planners and Strategists from roster agencies to ensure integrated work is delivered for the client
- Supporting the Account Planner/Strategist in writing inspirational creative briefs and going on to direct the strategic development of creative work, presenting and selling this effectively to clients
- Ensuring the profitability and growth of client accounts
- Forecasting within a reasonable degree of accuracy on a 3, 6 and 12 month basis – as well as the ongoing management of revenue against that forecast
- Identifying, developing and converting new business opportunities with existing and future clients
- Negotiating contracts and fees with senior level clients and client procurement personnel – representing the interests of the agency to get the best deal
- Managing the work, performance and professional development of team members
- Leading and inspiring those outside of the core team, including creative teams and those in other agencies working on the same account
- Reporting key financial and team data to relevant parties within the agency
- Ensure the accurate and timely invoicing of work to clients
- Maintaining a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting their accounts, and developments in the wider digital and communications industry
We believe in honesty, integrity and partnership, and that working together, anything is possible. The Client Services team at true have four cornerstones: leadership and decision-making, building relationships and influencing, honesty and tenacity, and strategic and commercial ability.
Leadership and decision-making
- Leading by example
- Leading, motivating and supporting internal teams to deliver an outstanding service
- Responsibility for understanding client requirements, maintaining quality and able to judge and evaluate our output
- Not afraid to assert leadership when it is needed (or to escalate when appropriate) – to keep teams focused on the challenge
- Focused on how to do even better next time. Seeks feedback from the team, listens and acts on it
Building relationships and influencing
- Forging lasting relationships with key clients throughout the portfolio of accounts, gaining trust and respect by creating open and honest communication
- Elevating the relationship from ‘supplier’ to a strategic, valued partner
- Anticipating problems and opportunities, helping teams navigate through challenging points in the partnership
- Presents persuasive arguments effectively both to clients and internally
- Is team-spirited – driven by camaraderie, shared goals and collaboration
Strategic and commercial ability
- Understanding of the client’s business and is valued as a trusted, strategic point of contact
- Collaborating with client account teams to ensure projects and initiatives are aligned with digital and business strategies
- Driving business growth through our clients by doing the right things in the right ways
- Balancing Agency commercial opportunity, with our vision for building long-term, mutually profitable relationships
- Looking for ways to demonstrate and reinforce business value of our work
Honest, resourceful and tenacious
- Exuding vitality, energy and passion
- ‘Just do it’ – finds a way to get things done
- Seeking out the positives – strives for solutions that everyone buys into
- Is unafraid and candid, and encourages others to always speak out, to be the best we can be
- Always curious – interested in learning and understanding the way things really work
- Is trusted and valued widely in the agency
Alongside the above qualities we are looking for someone who has considerable experience (5 years plus) of working within Client Services In an agency environment and has a proven track record of delivering excellence in client/agency relationships.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday a year
- Pension Scheme with leading provider
- Flexible working
- Enhanced maternity pay & shared parental leave
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Friday 'beer o'clock' beers.
Sounds like you?
If you think you could be a good fit, get in touch with Richard McCloskey, we'd love to hear from you. No agencies please.